At 9:32 AM -0600 9/26/06, Brett Glass wrote:

Is there a "renice by name" utility for FreeBSD (sort of an equivalent of "killall")? I could gin one up, but since this seems like something that people would want to do frequently, find it hard to believe that someone hasn't already written one.

FreeBSD added the `pgrep' command sometime ago.  Your renice-by-name
script would turn into something like:

    renice +2 `pgrep diskd`

(I have not tested that, and you might want to embellish it by adding
some of the other options to the `pgrep' command)

--
Garance Alistair Drosehn            =   [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Senior Systems Programmer           or  [EMAIL PROTECTED]