On Wed, 27 Sep 2006 16:46:42 -0700
Chris <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Presuming I can live with
> certain driver issues on 6.1 RELEASE P6, are there any serious
> dangers or unique procedures in going backward, to RELENG_6_1 from
> RELENG_6 that suggest it would be better to just start from scratch?
> I've not fallen back from CURRENT to a RELEASE, this will be my first
> time.

I did then 6.2-Prerelease to 6.1-p6 to 6.2-Prerelease to 6.1p6 to 6.2 journey
(with some other iterations in between ;) ). Make sure you rebuild world as
well as the kernel, as some utils have changed (eg, GELI is not compatible
between 6.1-p6 and 6.2 mismatches of kernel + world). On my 6.2 to 6.1 trip, I
had to rebuild some libraries from ports as they were crashing (can't remember
which ones now, sorry).

Overall, pretty painless experience.

{Beto|Norberto|Numard} Meijome

"He can compress the most words into the smallest idea of any man I know."
  Abraham Lincoln

Warned.