Abid Saigol wrote:
Hello,

Recently, the daily/weekly/monthly periodic emails have stopped coming from one of my servers. There were no changes made of the system, except that part of the filesystem was exported as an NFS share. These shares are setup on another FreeBSD machine for automount. I have checked my /etc and /var/logs and cannot find any reason for the mails to have stopped. Any help and guidance will be greatly appreciated. Here are some of the relevant files:
Have you inadvertently aliased the root user to another user? Or perhaps you deleted an alias and should be looking in the "root" mailbox? I have virtual mail setup on my systems and I lost periodic emails as well until I configured postfix correctly to consider my local machine's hostname as an acceptable recipient. I now alias root to the virtual user I want to receive these emails.

Tom Veldhouse