On Thu, Sep 28, 2006 at 06:13:16PM -0700, Art Mattox wrote:

> what are the recommended minimum hw requirements for version 6.1?
> e.g. diskspace, memory, etc

I don't know what the current absolute minimum to run values
would be.   So recommended minimums would be somewhat subjective
and depend on the intended use of the machine and the number
of ports and user accounts you might put on it.

For a personal work station with only a few ports, but not a
stripped DNS server or something, I would recommend at least 512 MB
memory and 18 GB disk and 1.5 GHz CPU with at least 400 MHz frontside
bus.   More and faster is nice.
A stripped router or DNS server might get by with 1/4 the memory
and 1 GB disk and a much slower CPU.

A loaded desktop that included web server and web based utilities
such as database services, Email and list services, etc might do better
to start with 1 GB memory and 72 GB disk and 2 Ghz CPU and storage
would go up from there depending on the size of things you are
serving.

////jerry