Chris Hill wrote:
On Sun, 1 Oct 2006, Rob wrote:

Does anyone happen to know of any good books that explain all about networking in detail (such as gateways, netmasks, etc)? I know the 'basics' but would like to dig in a little deeper.

For me, the old standby is "TCP/IP Network Administration" by Craig Hunt (aka the "crab book"). Published by O'Reilly. I learned a lot from it.

Seconded.

This is probably the single most useful O'Reilly book for general networking/sysadmin tasks, and it includes some chapters or appendices on NFS/NIS, BIND, sendmail, and other common services that are very informative in addition.

--
-Chuck