uname -a
FreeBSD enterprise.myhome.westell.com 6.2-PRERELEASE
FreeBSD 6.2-PRERELEASE #4: Mon Oct  2 08:40:06 PDT
2006
[EMAIL PROTECTED]:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC.20060916
 i386

I cannot print from some applications, namely xpdf and
evince.  I have cups installed and running and I can
print from firefox and openoffice.org.

In both xpdf and evince, the print dialog gives me a
prompt for a printing command, not a printer to
choose.  This is a brother laser which is supported.

anything I can do to get printing in these apps to
work?

--Karl