Jonathan Nichols wrote:
I am trying to track down a stolen laptop. My laptop did not have BSD
downloaded, but is there any way yet by which I may be able to track
my laptop with your help?  I would like to get BSD if I get my
computer back.  Thanks for any help or advice you can offer.

The short answer: no.

Your laptop doesn't "phone home" unless you configure it to - if it had windows maybe call Microsoft, I've heard their computers contact M$ on a regular basis.

If you before hand had installed some tool that calls home then it would be possible to track it by the ip and possibly routing information it uses when it calls. But that's too late now.

Cheers, Erik
--
Ph: +34.666334818                      web: http://www.locolomo.org
X.509 Certificate: http://www.locolomo.org/crt/8D03551FFCE04F0C.crt