  .. or can it be my router ?

  I don't think so, as I've forwarded port 80 to the same port on the FreeBSD
box.

  Last week, I was busy trying to get PhP and roundcubemail working.  I was
getting the PhP source, which was a pain, but at least I was getting something!

  Friday evening, I head home, and this morning, I try to connect (I'm outwith
the LAN).  Error 404.

  Strange.  I connect to the machine via ssh and I can telnet to port 80.  It
works.  I then ssh out to a friend's machine in Australia, and try to telnet to
port 80 of my server, i.e. going in the opposite direction.  'connexion
refused' is the message.

  I vaguely remember, years ago, manipulating /etc/hosts.allow, but I've
checked this on my machine, and it hasn't been changed.

  Could apache be doing this?  Is it a router problem?

Thanks in advance.

  D.