Dear guru's,

Thanks all you guys for the great response. Now, I've done it using
text-editor of NANO and there is Find, and To Replace section which makes
big help to replacing the whole word.

Best regards,

James Corteciano
FreeBSD User

On 10/9/06, Lothar Braun <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On Monday 09 October 2006 10:03, Matthias Apitz wrote:
> > sed 's!/bin/bash$!/sbin/nologin!' /etc/passwd > /etc/passwd
>
> DONT DO THAT this way. The result would be that your actual
> shell truncates the file '/etc/passwd' to zero length and
> then launches the 'sed'.

Damn. I just built the regexp but didn't check what the command does
before i
sent it to the list. Sorry for that. I hope nobody killed his pw-file
because
of my advice :/

-- Lothar

--