On 10/10/06, Antony Mawer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Most likely this renumbers the drivers, so you go from your hard drive
showing as eg. ad0 to ad4. You will need to edit /etc/fstab as
appropriate to match what the drive is showing up as after changing to
AHCI mode.

Yep... exactly like that - from ad0 to ad4. Worked perfectly. Thank
you very much, it didn't occur to me that there would be driver
renumbering when switching to AHCI.

Oddly enough, even though the drive is connected to SATA port 0 on the
motherboard, it shows up as being on ATA channel 2, Master.  According
to atacontrol, I have six ATA channels on the box, 0-5. Doesn't seem
quite logical that the driver should be renumbered as ad4, but... if
it works, I don't care.

--

Juha