backyard wrote:
--- Tom Grove <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Is there something like beagle that runs on FreeBSD?
If not is it something that people would like to see ported?

-Tom

Beagle the personal data indexer, or open beagle the
evolutionary computation system?

The personel data indexer seems cool to me. the
evolutionary computation system isn't something I
would personally find useful.

my two cents

-brian

I am referring to the data indexer. I understand that it uses something called iNotify within the Linux kernel and that is why it may not be a very nice port to *BSD. I am wondering if it would be possible to use something like kqueue to notify the calling program of a disk write like iNotify does.

Just throwing out thought because I think that a desktop search tool would be well received with the desktop BSD community.

-Tom