Because that's what pw is for...you don't need to worry about accidentally
deleting a colon, for example.  A script using pw would also be a huge
timesaver over manually editing hundreds of entries, I'd think as well.
Of course, sed can do it even quicker, but with the same risks.

On Tue, 10 Oct 2006, Alex Zbyslaw wrote:

> [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>
> >I would not recommend using vipw [...] to change your users' shells.
> >

> Why not?
>
> --Alex

James Smallacombe                     PlantageNet, Inc. CEO and Janitor
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://3.am