>Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2006 11:50:57 +0200 (CEST)
>From: Zbigniew Szalbot <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>Subject: Re: custom kernel, make buildkernel and then?
>To: Erik Norgaard <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>Cc: freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
>
>Hello,
>
>On Wed, 11 Oct 2006, Erik Norgaard wrote:
>
>> The target directory for the build is /usr/obj, so in /usr/obj/usr/src/sys
>> you can see what kernels have been built.
>
>And it seems none have? For I get this when I do ls I can see only boot
>directory and no kernels. Is it possible that the buildprocess failed
>though it did not explicitly tell me about it? From what I recall one of
>the last lines pritned by buildkernel was
>chmod 444 freebsd.submit.cf
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

This is the message I usually see at the end of building world (ie. following
the command "make buildworld").

Are you sure you typed "make buildkernel"? Otherwise, that would explain why
you don't see  the kernel you built.

[snip]

>--
>Zbigniew Szalbot

Apologies if this email is poorly formatted, I'm on MS Outlook in work (rather
than Mutt at home).

Peter Harrison

This document is strictly confidential and is intended only for use by the
addressee.
If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or
other
action taken in reliance of the information contained in this e-mail is
strictly prohibited.
Any views expressed by the sender of this message are not necessarily those of
the Department
for Work and Pensions.
If you have received this transmission in error, please use the reply function
to tell us
and then permanently delete what you have received.
Please note: Incoming and outgoing e-mail messages are routinely monitored for
compliance
with our policy on the use of electronic communications.

The original of this email was scanned for viruses by Government Secure
Intranet (GSi)  virus scanning service supplied exclusively by Cable & Wireless
in partnership with MessageLabs.
On leaving the GSI this email was certified virus free.
The MessageLabs Anti Virus Service is the first managed service to achieve the
CSIA Claims Tested Mark (CCTM Certificate Number 2006/04/0007), the UK
Government quality mark initiative for information security products and
services.  For more information about this please visit www.cctmark.gov.uk