Hello, I thought I'd document my experiences with my Logitech optical USB mouse under FreeBSD 6.1 release 1 so that maybe it will help the next person hunting with Google. :-)
First off, the moused configuration in sysinstall gave me a headache. Whenever I tried to test a configuration, the cursor would flicker onscreen then disappear before I could move the mouse. In frustration, I selected the option that I thought should work, selected "Yes, the mouse moves", then shut the computer off. When I booted FreeBSD the next day, the mouse worked, and I was off on my way to configuring Xorg. Next issue: Once I had X up, the mousewheel didn't work. KDE recognized all three buttons (the mousewheel being the middle button), but didn't recognize wheel scroll events. I dredged deep through Google's search results, and found this: http://www.daemonnews.org/mailinglists/FreeBSD/freebsd-x11/msg00017.html I followed the directions, rebooted (I always screw up when I try to manually kill daemons--feisty little buggers) and joy came to me that I would not have to go back to Ubuntu for my mouse to work right. (Incidentally, the mouse wheel has worked fine under every Linux distro I've tried except Slackware. Even Gentoo magically detected it. Go figure.) William _______________________________________________ firstname.lastname@example.org mailing list http://lists.freebsd.org/mailman/listinfo/freebsd-questions To unsubscribe, send any mail to "[EMAIL PROTECTED]"