Hi,

I have an issue on a 5.5-STABLE box where lpt0 (parallel:/) refuses to show up in cups despite following instructions on setting mode/ownership on /devlpt0 with devfs.

Is this device supposed to work on 5.5 with cups? Or are there more things to do before it's usable?

crw-rw-rw-   1 root  cups      241,   0 Oct 13 13:34 lpt0

Solved: Rebuild world and kernel from latest 5-STABLE and that fixed it. Unfortunately I have no clue if it was the updated sources or just some libraries that were borked, but at least it works!