[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Beech Rintoul wrote:
I'm getting a ton of spam every day that comes from China, Japan and Korea. Spam Assassin completely ignores it because it has all non-english characters and slows kmail to a crawl loading. Is there a way to filter on non-english either using Spam Assassin or procmail?
Suggestions would be appreciated.

Beech

May be it is not exactly an answer to your question, but we started to use real time black lists with postfix and it works pretty well (though some spam comes through). There have been no complains of false positive so far (almost 6 months).

I noticed how well it works when we switched it off today for 2 hours because of an error and the anti-virus programs started to jump.

And we get very seldom non-English spam.

I do not know if procmail has something similar.

i found postgrey to be a fantastic addition to my antispam arsenal. check it out. it really works well

Eric