I'm also interested of mixing native FreeBSD libraries and Linux once,
if it's possible ...

        I tryed to install a DBD::Oracle module with natively build FreeBSD
perl and Linux Oracle Instantclient. After some hacking of DBD::Oracle's make
file, i managed to build native Oracle.so linked against Instantclient's
libcltnsh.so library.

        When i tryed "use DBD::Oracle" in a perl script i got "Segmentation
fault".
        I don't think it's possible to intermix native FreeBSD libraries and
Linux once used by a native FreeBSD executable.

                Vladimir