[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Hi Kamikaze,
>
> On 10/16/06, [LoN]Kamikaze <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> I need to 'kldunload -f drm' in order to go into suspend to ram with my
>> thinkpad (suspend works fine with dri disabled). Unfortunately,
>> despite the
>> claims of the manpage the '-f' flag does not alter the behaviour of the
>> kldunload tool. How do I get drm unloaded?
>
> are you sure you drm is loaded as a module instead of compiled into your
> kernel?

Yes I'm certain, it's listed by kldstat after all. Also if I deactivate dri, it
doesn't get loaded and I can suspend/resume just fine. If I suspend with dri
enabled, the system resumes, but as soon as I switch back to X, X hangs (and
shows random screen garbage). The rest of the system still works, though. I can
ssh into the box and work on it, as if nothing happened. Only if I try to kill
X, the whole system will stop responding.