Hi,

okay I just built a 4.7-STABLE kernel.  but I am not able to boot when
using the GENERIC config file.  I am kinda new at troubleshooting this
type of stuff so a clue is welcome.

after installation and reboot

I only get so far - to the following line:

amr0: <AMI MegaRAID> mem 0xf0000000-0xf7ffffff irq 3 at device 0.0 on pci4

the next line should be (from the 4.6-STABLE old kernel)

amr0: <PERC 3/DC> Firmware 1.72, BIOS 3.27, 128MB RAM

what is creating this issue?  I think this MegaRAID card is supported - so
I am not sure why loading stalls here.

- noah