Hello,

On Tue, 17 Oct 2006, Chuck Swiger wrote:

Unless you've got additional restrict lines which permit some hosts to make changes, using only "restrict default ignore" will prevent ntpd from paying attention to the timeservers you've listed and it will even prevent ntpd from changing the local clock or being administered via ntpq from localhost.

Ok. Thanks a lot. I have corrected it, restarted ntpd and now watching the clock. The time has not been immediately adjusted but I guess it should change in the longer run?

Thank you all of you who have responded. It was very helpful.

--
Zbigniew Szalbot