Have a look at how Cambridge University (UK) have setup their email.

Does alot of this sort of stuff and they've got lots of docs online as to
how they did it..

--
Martin

On 10/18/06, Ian Lord <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi,

I need to setup a high-availability setup for mail/web setup

I was thinking about the following setup:

4 servers total:

Data Servers:
         1 Server holding all the websites data and mail messages. It
would serve these files via nfs to the application servers.
         It would also run mysql

         A second server Also sharing it's content via nfs,
replicating it's data though rsync each ?? minutes. The mysql would
run as a slave of the    primary

Application Servers:
         Both servers would be running apache, php, sendmail and
posfix and would serve content from the share nfs drive.

1- Is this a viable solution, I mean by that, Is it Like this big ISP
are set up ?

2- Is there a better way to replicate data than RSYNC (without going
to san of expensive hardware) ? If not, is there a hotsync feature (I
mean by that as soon as server A modify something, server B knows and
replicate)?

I would appreciate if you could give me feedbacks, suggestions, or if
you see any problem that might happen with this kind of setup.

Thanks a lot