On Oct 18, 2006, at 5:14 PM, Gary Kline wrote:
        This would work [or ought to!]; right now, all my mail e[x]change
        entries are equi-valued at 50.  But this seems like a back door
        way of dealing with sendmail.  I'm the first to admit that it's a
        less tha[n] optimal suite, obscure beyond words, (etc).  But I'd
        like to understand how to resolve this problem with sen[d]mail....

You can override MX prioritization by using a mailertable.

But you will need to list IP addresses in square brackets to disable MX lookups and force other MX hosts to relay mail to where-ever you want. Therefore, the simple answer is to make sure that the final destination for email to your domain is listed as the highest- priority MX record (ie, lowest numeric MX value).

And you will either need to masquarade for your domain, or you will need to list all of the hostnames for which email is being addressed to in class w (aka /etc/mail/local-host-names) on the mailserver which performs local delivery....

--
-Chuck