riccardo_diago wrote:
hi all,
I'm newbie w/ freebsd.
i'm trying to install freebsd 6.1 to create a server only to monitoring
the others.
Anybody has experience with cacti and nagios?
or if u can suggest me other solution would be great. :-)

thanks in advance

Rik
I would highly recommend Nagios, we have 3 monitoring servers deployed on 3 sites monitoring around 1200 services. Nagios comes with a large number of plugins that can be used to monitor most basic services and it is very easy to throw together new plugins to monitor anything you want.

Tom