Hello list,

I've installed KDE 3.5.4 and Gnome 2.14 on a new GENERIC installation of
6.2-PRERELEASE.
Both desktop environments syslog error about exceeding kern.maxfiles
limit soon after their started.
While with Window Maker and many open apps, and even with Xfce 4.2, I
usually have between 200 to 500 kern.openfiles, kern.maxfiles (defaults
to 1064) is obviously too low for KDE/Gnome or I'm running into an issue
or sth.
As I haven't noticed recommendation on kern.maxfiles on project pages
nor during installation of the ports, I'd like to ask the community what
are the sane recommended numbers ??

Regards,

Martin

PS: Please CC me as I'm not on the lists.