Hello,

I really don't know whether this is a good idea to forward this message to ports@ and [EMAIL PROTECTED] I wrote to freebsd-python@ but there's no reply so far.
So this is the problem description:
I noticed that the free memory function patch (http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1123430&group_id=5470&atid=305470) was included in Python-2.5. I built the Python-2.5 port in FreeBSD (6.2-PRELENG, latest ports tree) but the problem with free allocated memory still exists. Do you have any information about this case? The feature seems to work in GNU/Linux and Windows.

Thank you all for your attention.
-----
With best regards,          |            The Power to Serve
Nguyen Tam Chinh            |          http://www.FreeBSD.org
Loc: sp.cs.msu.su           |