Hello,

On Sat, 21 Oct 2006, Bill Moran wrote:

Do one of the following:
1) Configure both exim and dovecot to log through syslog with the same
  facility.  Then configure syslogd to put that facility in the file
  you want.

As FBSD is still new to me, I am trying to understand what it would involve. Exim is configured to log to /var/log/exim/mainlog. In the newsyslog.conf I have

/var/log/exim/mainlog mailnull:mail 640 60 * @T00 ZC

Does it mean exim uses syslogd? It is not obvious to me. If it does, how can I do the same with dovecot? In dovecot.conf I have the path pointing to /var/log/exim/mainlog. If I want to use syslogd, do I have to write to /var/log/maillog?

I want to get it right using the first solution. Thank you very much for your patience with me!

--
Zbigniew Szalbot