On 10/21/06, Michael P. Soulier <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hey people,

I'd like something to look at traffic use through my gateway, so I know how
much of my upload bandwidth and download bandwidth is in use at any time.
Ideally it'll tell me from where, so I can look at internal abusers, or get an
idea of where hits are coming from.

Off the top of my head, I can think of two tools.

1. ntop - great web interface, but I've found it unstable
2. iptraf - good curses interface, but I'm looking for trend monitoring
3. mrtg - as I'm running snmp, so I could just monitor it from a desktop
running mrtg...

Any other suggestions?

I have two for you: NetMRG and Cacti
You can set them up to read values from pf for example :)

--
Joao Barros