Kent Stewart schreef:
On Saturday 21 October 2006 09:07, Laurens Timmermans wrote:
Hi,

I am trying to get a double boot system on my laptop with FreeBSD and
Windows XP. I have tried this before using NTLOADER on my desktop-pc
(by following the directions in the faq) and it works like a charm,
but not on my laptop...
I installed FreeBSD, copied /boot/boot1 to a usb-stick, set my
windows-slice active and added a freebsd-entry to my boot.ini.
When i boot i get the ntloader-menu, it boots xp just fine but when i
choose FreeBSD i get "invalid slice". I can get back into my
freebsd-install by setting it's slice active again (using
boot/rescue-cd). I am using FreeBSD 6.2-beta2 (because of support for
my pentium M). My disk looks as following:

-ad0s1 = dell recovery-partition
-ad0s2 = NTFS (windows xp)
-ad0s3 = FreeBSD

from fstab:
+ad0s3b = swap
+ad0s3a = /
+ad0s3e = /tmp
+ad0s3f = /usr
+ad0s3d = /var

How can i get this to work using ntloader ?

That is very similar to what I am using right now on this computer and 3 others. What does your boot.ini look like.

Kent

My boot.ini looks like this:

[boot loader]
timeout=5
[operating systems]
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(2)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Professinal" /noexecute=optin /fastdetect
c:\boot1="FreeBSD"