Just plan to do complete dumps with the script below once a week which is good
for me due to the fact of how the box is used. If a total drive crash happens
I will just reinstall from cd then use restore to recover the dump. I am
backing up to a usb drive connected to the server. I have printed the file
system and taped it to the top of the usb drive hehehehe.

make sure your USB drive is actually disconnected when not doing backup, or you will end with just partial protection. someone may crack into your system and clean copy first then clean up your system