----- Message d'origine ----
De : Ion-Mihai IOnut Tetcu <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
À : Matt Emmerton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc : GeistTeufel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Envoyé le : Lundi, 23 Octobre 2006, 1h09mn 12s
Objet : Re: IBM DB2 on FreeBSD 6.1

On Sun, 22 Oct 2006 19:01:20 -0400
"Matt Emmerton" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > Hi,
> >
> >I want to use FreeBSD on Server Production
> >
> >My goal is to use IBM DB2 database server (C-Express is give in tgz,
> >with a
> java installer ... so)
> >
> >Does any one can report a success on this product under freebsd ?
> >
> >It's as fast as on linux box ?
>
> DB2 on Linux makes extensive use of Linux-isms which FreeBSD does not
> reproduce, mostly due to kernel differences but also due to issues in
> the linuxulator.  In the past, I've found differences with stat,
> memory allocation and AIO features which cripple DB2 to the point of
> not starting up or running properly.
>
> If anyone wants work to resolve these issues, please contact me
> off-list.  I have access to the information that we'd need to get
> this working.

A lot of work is being done on our linux support, please see
http://wikitest.freebsd.org/linux-kernel

The guys on emulation@ might be interested / able to help you.

BOFH excuse #67:
descramble code needed from software company