Hi all,

I have been having trouble figuring out how to make linux programs (installed and running under /compat/linux) access other FreeBSD binaries that are *not* located under /compat/linux. For instance, I am running linux-thunderbird and when I want to open a *.doc file attachment, thunderbird asks me which application I would like to use: I would like to point it to /usr/X11R6/bin/abiword , but unfortunately when I chdir to /usr/X11R6/bin in the dialog box, it goes actually to /compat/linux/usr/X11R6/bin (and abiword is *not* there). Is there a way to make linux programs be able to jump out of /compat/linux/ when looking for helper applications?

thanks in advance for any advice

best
  giuseppe

--