At 05:44 PM 1.11.2003 +0000, Matthew Seaman wrote:
>On Sat, Jan 11, 2003 at 11:31:22AM -0600, Jack L. Stone wrote:
>> I just updated from FBSD-4.5 to 4.7 on a server running apache_fp.1.26. The
>> update somehow has broken the FP extensions (ugh!). I have tried a number
>> of fixes, including portupgrade, but get a checksum error there. Have tried
>> to rerun the present install of FP using fp_install.sh, but get this error:
>> Who should own web root web on port 80 [www]:
>> What should the group for web root web on port 80 be [www]:
>> /usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: /usr/lib/libm.so.2: Undefined symbol "__stderrp"
>> ERROR: Unable to chown web root web in port 80
>> Hit enter to continue
>>
>> I'm also seeing the "__stderrp" error in my httpd-error.log whenever I try
>> to login to FP. So, something has changed in the FBSD-4.5-4.7 update and
>> I've never seen this error, so don't know what needs to be fixed. I have
>> another server running apache_fp.1.27 on FBSD.4.7 just fine.
>>
>> It's looking like an uninstall/reinstall completely for apache+fp....
>> didn't want to have to do that on a box with a bunch of virtual hosts.....
>>
>> Has anyone seen the above problem on similar installs...???
>
>/usr/src/UPDATING says:
>
>20021110:
>        The definitions of the standard file streams (stdio, stdout, and
>        stderr) have changed so that they are no longer compile-time
>        constants.  Some older binaries may require updated 3.X
>        compatability libraries (for example, by setting COMPAT3X=yes
>        for a buildworld/installworld).
>
>Alternatively to doing a buildworld with COMPAT3X=yes, you could
>install the misc/compat3x port.
>
>       Cheers,
>
>       Matthew
>
>--
>Dr Matthew J Seaman MA, D.Phil.                       26 The Paddocks
>                                                      Savill Way

Good grief! I read the UPDATING as always, but this one did NOT sink
in....! Thank you so much for pointing me in the right direction before I
shot myself in the foot....

If I go the misc/compat3x port route, I assume I need to redo the
buildword....?? If so, then I might as well include the COMPAT3X=yes in the
make.conf.

Sorry, a little dense after 3 hours sleep....

Best regards,
Jack L. Stone,
Administrator

SageOne Net