On Oct 25, 2006, at 5:33 AM, Nico -telmich- Schottelius wrote:
This constraint makes the problem impossible to solve.  Either you
are interested in the impossible, or you aren't really looking to
solve the problem using standard Unix mechanisms...

Actually, I am really not looking for 'old Unix mechanism' to solve
that issue, because I think ACLs are definetly made for this kind of
problem.

OK.

I've been using ACLs on Linux for some years now and I am really
wondering why simply applying the default ACLs is such a problem
in fbsd.

As far as I know, ACLs are considered stable in FreeBSD, aren't they?

5.3 was the earliest stable release of 5.x; the TrustedBSD project has been importing improvements and so forth since 5.3 was released. You might want to retry your tests with FreeBSD 5.5 or 6.2 and see whether things have improved since then.

I am really wondering who to contact for the issues I've reported on [0].

Thanks for any hints,

Nico

[0]: http://home.schottelius.org/~nico/freebsd/acl/

You should probably use send-pr to file a bug report, and list your test-cases in it. If you can write a patch to improve or fix any mis- behavior by the tools dealing with ACLs, that will help...

--
-Chuck