Hello,

This arguably, might not be a FreeBSD question... but here goes.

I have a multiboot system.  FreeBSD 6.2-PRERELEASE, Ubuntu Linux, and
WinXP.  The touchpad works just fine in all three OSes.  However, If I
am in Linux, and reboot (not poweroff + poweron) and go back into
FreeBSD, then my touchpad will not allow me to tap or double tap.

For example, once the wm comes up (enlightenment) I can not use the
touchpad to select a window, push a button, or double click things.  I
can/must use the buttons associated with the touchpad, not the pad itself.

The above does not occur when shifting from WinXP to FreeBSD.

My question is:
Is there anyway to "reset" the touch pad while the machine is up and
running?  Anything I can do to bring it back without having to resort to
powering the system down and then turning it back on.

Not quite sure what relevant info to post here, as things are in fact
working.  Just not when I bounce from Linux back to FreeBSD.

--
Regards,
Eric