On Sat, Jan 11, 2003 at 08:36:22AM -0800, Gary W. Swearingen wrote:
> dick hoogendijk <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>
> > I think FreeBSD does _not_ support the linux ext2 / ext3
>
> I think I read (a couple years ago) that the ext2 and ext3 filesystems
> look the same on the disk; the difference is all in the kernel's
> handling of the data.  If that's true (and you should check with Linux

Ext3 is Ext2 + journal file. Let me quote the documentation:

"ext3 filesystems may still be mounted by ext2 as long as they have
been cleanly unmounted.  ext2 will refuse to mount ext3 filesystems
which have not been cleanly shut down, because there is live data
still in the journal which ext2 does not know how to deal with."

So you should have no trouble mounting ext3 partitions.

--
Nimrod.