hmm..Im running the latest code, but I dont see that file fastest_cvsup.

On 10/25/06, Kent Stewart <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On Wednesday 25 October 2006 06:07, eoghan wrote:
> On 25 Oct 2006, at 14:03, Gábor Kövesdán wrote:
> > eoghan wrote:
> >> Hi
> >> Trying to cvsup my ports and server is saying:
> >> Rejected by server: Access limit exceeded, try again later
> >> So im using cvsup.FreeBSD.org
> >> but have tried cvsup1.FreeBSD.org, cvsup2.FreeBSD.org and
> >> cvsup3.FreeBSD.org
> >> and get the same message... is there something wrong?
> >> Thanks
> >> Eoghan
> >
> > Hello,
> >
> > try cvsup.<countrycode>.freebsd.org. E.g. cvsup.de.freebsd.org for
> > Germany, cvsup.hu.freebsd.org, etc.
>
> Hi
> Thanks, that works for me... but the others used to work all the
> time... anyway updating now...
> Thanks again

Try using fastest_cvsup and you can see what kind of response the
servers are providing. I did a
fastest_cvsup -c us
and it showed at 1837 UTC that 1 and 3 were at the limit and cvsup6 is
probably down.

They update from the master on the hour and you need to wait 10-15
minutes for the update to finish. There isn't any magic time where they
all work but you can find one closer to the next update where you get
through almost all of the time.

Kent

--
Kent Stewart