People,

        Weeks ago I tried this *without* the --exclude flags and
        overwrote DOT file that I didn't want to.  Iust rechecked this
        use of rsync, saving important files from my work server
        elseswhere, and see that some files or directories are being
        listed and copied over.  IDoes anything obvious jump out here?

        gary

#
## test2ethos.sh
#

   rsync -Cptuvaz -n -e "ssh -i /home/kline/.ssh/tao_XXXYYYZZZ-id" \
       --exclude /home/kline/.zlogin  \
       --exclude /home/kline/.zshrc  \
       --exclude /home/kline/.zhistory.*  \
       --exclude /home/kline/.ctwrm  \
       --exclude /home/kline/.mozilla  \
       --exclude /home/kline/.evolution  \
       --exclude /home/kline/4zip/  \
       --exclude '/home/kline/www/'  \
       /home/kline [EMAIL PROTECTED]:/home/kline
   if [ $? =  0 ]
   then
      echo "rsync transfer went okay: tao to ethos"
   else
      echo "rsync failed to ethos from /home/kline"|mail [EMAIL PROTECTED]
   fi

--
   Gary Kline     [EMAIL PROTECTED]   www.thought.org     Public service Unix