On 10/28/06 15:00, Eric Schuele wrote:
On 10/28/06 12:45, Jonathan Horne wrote:
i have a computer that recently stopped obeying WOL packets, after i did a dual boot of freebsd/suse 10.1. before i put suse on there, WOL always worked just fine.

apparently, the linux driver for my network card, put the nic in "always off" mode, and in order to be able to WOL later, i have to shut the linux off in "wol g" mode (using ethtool, so it can listen for packets later). even in freebsd now tho, its still not listening for WOL packets. is there something in freebsd i can use to edit the behavior of the driver, to make sure the nic powers down in "wol-listen" mode?

It looks as if it is in ifconfig in -current. I say that because after a quick google, I see a patch in 2005.. don't know if its really in there or not (as I run -stable). There is no mention of WOL in my 6.2-PRERELEASE man pages for ifconfig.

I just checked the -current manpages and I see no mention there either... so... I dunno.

There are a few ports which wakeup machines which support wol. but how to configure it, I guess I'm not much help.

thanks,
jonathan

Regards,
Eric