Lane wrote:

On Saturday 28 October 2006 19:15, Matthew Pope wrote:
Addendum (clarification) to my question:
- When I boot from the Hard disk, and start /stand/sysinstall with FTP1
as the source (since CDROM as source doesn't work), when the Xorg
packages are attempted to be added, the download from the FTP server
completes but at the end a quick error messages flashes, and then in its
place a message is emitted:
"add of package expat-2.0.0_1 aborted, error code 1 -
Please check the debug screen for more info."
The same message is repeated for these libraries:
perl-5.8.8
xorg-manpages-6.9.0
xorg-documents-6.9.0
xorg-fonts-encodings-6.9.0_1
Thanks,
Matthew
P.S. Where is the debug screen?

Matthew Pope wrote:
Environment:
FreeBSD 6.1 (p10) Release
Asus motherboard on Intel P4
IDE drives
Realtek network adaptor chipset  (no problems so far with that)
ATAPI CDROM/writer
Behind firewall. (no problems so far with that)

Hello,
I'd like to add the xorg distribution set to my existing FreeBSD
system recently upgraded to release 6.1.
A) When I boot from the Hard disk and attempt to load the distribution
from the CD-ROM (Disk 0 as requested), I get:
"unable to get packages/INDEX file from selected media"

B) When I boot from either the hard disk, or the CD-ROM, and try to
source xorg from a FreeBSD FTP server, I get:
"unable to fetch expat-2.0.0_1 from selected media"

C) I've noted through trial and error that when booting from the Hard
disk, I need to remove the "-p10" from the release name in the options
screen or it will reject all FTP servers as not being able to source
for my distribution.  This is ephemeral and not related to my
question, more a bug report actually.

Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong, or a debug path would be helpful.
Thanks,
Matthew
"[EMAIL PROTECTED]"
Matthew,
I think you could probably shortcut some of this by doing:

portinstall x11/xorg

after logging in as root

if you get:

portinstall: Command not found