Vince
thx for reply, I think it use cloop. and I know how to mount cloop in
GNU/Linux
just mount -t cloop will do . but how can I do it in freebsd?
Sherry Zhang

On 10/30/06, Vince <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Sherry Zhang wrote:
> Hi,all:
>
> We built a software for GNU/Linux system and use squashfs file system to
> fit
> 1.5G files into a single CD. to use the CD, just
> mount -o loop /dev/cdrom /mnt
> mount -o loop -t squashfs /mnt/file.squash /the/path
> will do the job.
>
> Now we also want include the BSD binary. I switched to freebsd 2 weeks
ago
> and do not know anything abount it. so I want to ask is there any highly
> compressed filesystem like cramfs or squashfs [we think a live CD should
> not
> ask a user to install any software, so filesystems directedly supported
by
> FreeBSD are perferred] ? Which one is better [I mean compression rate] ?
> Can
> anyone gives me a hint?

I think you want mkuzip (and geom_uzip)  have a read on man mkuzip and
see what you think. Not sure how good the compression is though. Might
be worth talking to the freesbie people (http://www.freesbie.org/) as i
think they may use this and they're the FreeBSD liveCD experts ;)

Vince