On Tue, 31 Oct 2006, Bret Esquivel wrote:

Mathieu,

I was actually asking if there is an "amrstat" type utility that I can check
the array status while in production. Thanks for the advice on 6-STABLE, I

Well, it was sysutils/megarc for PERC/4. On PERC/5 mfi(1), it's whatever we decide to call it.

Dell is shipping a CLI with OMSA or whatever. We may have to hack on the kernel interface:

http://lists.us.dell.com/pipermail/linux-poweredge/2006-October/027645.html

We've got the /dev/mfi? management interface already, just need to port the Linux code over.

I'm really starting to think OpenBSD will beat FreeBSD to the game with the bio(4) RAID management hardware abstraction subsystem:

http://www.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/man.cgi?query=bio&sektion=4&arch=i386&apropos=0&manpath=OpenBSD+Current

~BAS