If you are using the drives as just SCSI drives and get another controller in the same Manufacturer's "Family" you should be able to just replace the controller.

If you use a different manufacturer's controller, you may have to re-format the drives after you do a dump on the old controller. The reason is that there are no "standards" for drive geometry translation. SCSI drives are made to appear to the OS as a series of logical blocks by the controller. The way the controller translates the actual geometry to the logical blocks can differ on different manufacturer's controllers.

        -Derek