> Hi there!
>
> I am interesting to be a ports maintainer for FreeBSD project. What need I
> do?

How about adopting /usr/ports/net/arla.
It no longer works in FreeBSD 6.xxx because of changes
in the way locks work.

The process is simple - make it work and identify yourself as
being willing and able to maintain the port and you can be
the maintainer.   But, you may have to show you can do it first
by actually being successful and reliable at being the maintainer
and that you produce well written software.

////jerry