Thanks!! Now I understand why the changes would make
it not work...I noticed that the
/usr/local/www/apache22 was specified in a <Directory>
statement, so any change would make it not working...

 I have added the following so all users are changed:

<Directory /usr/home/*/www/>
   Options Includes FollowSymLinks ExecCGI
   AddHandler server-parsed .shtml
   AddHandler cgi-script .cgi .pl
   AllowOverride None
   Order allow,deny
   Allow from all
</Directory>

Still cannot get http://cyber***.com/~user3 to work
though.  they seem to change everything with a newer
version of apache...