Simon Gao wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to enable a new feature, greet_pause, with Sendmail 8.13.x
> on FreeBSD 4.7.
>
> When I try to re-generate sendmail.cf file, I got following error and
> the file generation failed:
>
> # m4 /usr/share/sendmail/cf/m4/cf.m4 sendmail.mc > sendmail.cf
> m4: sendmail.mc at line 53:
> include(/usr/share/sendmail/cf/feature/greet_pause.m4): No such file or
> directory
>
> The new feature greet_pause is available since 8.13.1. Why am I missing
> the file? Or did I do something wrong when creating sendmail.cf?

Well, show us your sendmail.mc file then and we'll probably be able to
help.  Otherwise about the only valid conclusion we can come to is "yes,
you did something wrong."

For reference, if you insert the following into your .mc file you
should get a 5s greeting pause:

    FEATURE(greet_pause, `5000')dnl ## 5 seconds

Note the quotes around `5000' -- the left hand quote is not like
the right hand one.  That's something that often catches out people
unused to the ways of m4(1).

You should have a /usr/share/sendmail/cf/feature/greet_pause.m4
file if your version of sendmail supports this feature.  It works
for me just using the system sendmail on RELENG_6.  I think the
sendmail that comes with 4.7 is too old.  You'ld be well advised to
upgrade -- at least to 4.11-RELEASE-p25, but preferably 6.2-RELEASE
due out Real Soon Now.

        Cheers,

        Matthew

                                                      Flat 3