hi, thanks

i'm building them with make package-recursive

yes they actually contain all the files bc they always install right at least the first time.

On Nov 8, 2006, at 1:51 PM, Kris Kennaway wrote:

On Wed, Nov 08, 2006 at 01:12:23PM -0500, George Donnelly wrote:
Hi

I maintain my own package repository, served over ftp and I am finding
that often times a package will not fully get installed on a remote
host.

For example, if i run pkg_add -r python24 and i know i have just built that port's package and it works, sometimes it will only install a few
of the packages files.

# pkg_info -L python24-2.4.3_3
Information for python24-2.4.3_3:

Files:
/usr/local/man/man1/python.1.gz
/usr/local/man/man1/python2.4.1.gz

python24 has hundreds of files it installs, but only these 2 really got
installed.

this also happens with php5-session at times.

If i rebuild the package on the package repository host I can ensure
1-3 good remote installs but after that the problem crops up again.

This gets problematic when you're updating hundreds of hosts.

Has anyone else experienced this? Found what is causing the problem?

How are you building the packages?  Do the packages actually contain
more than those two files?

Kris

george donnelly ~ High Speed Rails inc. ~ highspeedrails.com
Managed Open-Source Hosting ~ Plone Hosting ~ Full Support
Y/AIM: highspeedrails ~ 1-800-969-1452 ~ 1-206-774-8566