Hello,

On Thu, 9 Nov 2006, Kris Kennaway wrote:

How do you know the entire system is freezing instead of just the tty?
:) If you have e.g. heavy disk write activity then the syncer will
grab Giant while flushing periodically and delay other things that
require Giant, like serial terminals.

I do not think that's the case. I have another box that works as a mail relay server that passes messages for exim under FBSD. Now when the freeze occurs, I check the relay server and it cannot connect to the FBSD box (both are on the same lan). That's why I think it is a general box freeze and not just a tty problem.

Thanks!

--
Zbigniew Szalbot