it is supposed to be a "Huawei EC325 Data Modem", just as on this website
http://www.huawei.com/mobileweb/en/products/view.do?id=147

On Nov 9, 2006, at 8:22 PM, Joao Barros wrote:

On 11/9/06, David Schulz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hello all,

i have a Huawei UMTS wireless Modem, which plugs into a USB Slot, and
on Windows (after installation of a Driver), looks just like a modem.
You dial a number, username and password, and have a speedy
connection to the Internet. Is there a way to get such a  thing to
work under FreeBSD? After plugging it in, dmesg just reports ugen0:
Huawei Mobile, rev 1.01 . addr 3 . It doesn't just respond to normal
modem commands, when i simply do a cu -l /dev/ugen0 i get a "Write
Operation not supported by Device".

What model is it? I have the Huawei E220 HSDPA USB Modem and it doesn't work.
I posted a message on usb@ yesterday evening since this is a
multi-function usb device and I don't know if that's supported.

--
Joao Barros

!DSPAM:1084,45531c206578638813114!