On Fri, Nov 10, 2006 at 02:22:14PM -0500, Mike Jeays wrote:
> On Fri, 2006-11-10 at 22:28 +0600, Bachilo Dmitry wrote:
> > ?? ?????????????????? ???? ?????????????? 10 ???????????? 2006 22:18
> > Tsu-Fan Cheng ??????????????(a):
> > > Hi
> > >   thank you guys. I just ordered a TV card from Avermedia, it should be
> > > using brooktree chip. i chose AverMedia over Happahauge simply because
> > > it's
> > > less expensive. :-) (i actually live in long island, Happahauge is just
> > > right here...). I expect i will have some twicking to do to make it work,
> > > but what the heck!!
> > >
> > > TFC
> > > "[EMAIL PROTECTED]"
> > Good luck, dude, mine refused to work. I would like to hear your experience
> > later.
>
> If you get it to work, please post the results.  I have never been able
> to get my Hauppauge WinTV card to work, although it is fine with Ubuntu
> and Suse, using xawtv, kdetv and others.
>
> With FreeBSD 6.1 and xawtv, I get a stream of messages 'bktr
> alarmed' (not exact wording), and no picture or sound.

For what it's worth, I picked up two cheap ($7 and $11, respectively) bktr
cards on eBay and they work fine. One's an old S3-branded BT878 card and the
other had a fairly common brand, but I can't think of it right now. They work
great with xawtv and the bktr driver. Sure, they don't have any hardware
encode/decode features, but they do work.

I've got a PVR250, an older one, that's also properly detected, but I've never
tried to do anything with it.

Thanks,
Josh
--
Josh Tolbert
[EMAIL PROTECTED]  ||  http://www.puresimplicity.net/~hemi/

Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor
do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger
is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either
a daring adventure, or nothing.
    -- Helen Keller